Thursday, 4 June 2015

A carefree child




  In the midst of my solitude,                                       
 somewhere distant in an enduring gloom,                                            
 like a nomad, I wander  
in the pursuit of the unknown
 Counting nocturnal hours,
in the whirlwind, I am overthrown

I open the door and gaze into the woods,
dead and blue they stand, my partners in melancholy
Whisper  in my ears, the message of the wind,
‘despair ,you're destined for ,it has no end"

And then the screams of the sky break the silence
Is it just rain or the nature mimicking my pain?
As I gaze through the windowpane into the garden,
where the flowers stand strangled submerged in pain,
a child on the swing I see playing,
drenched in the rain but far jubilant

I walk my way to him to see
is it real or my phantasm playing hide and seek?
A gentle glare upon his face
A sight in ages to witness
Divinely bliss lit up the soul.
A surreal glistening to behold

"What are you doing
in the cold rain?"

"Playing with the nature,
my elder friend
The swing is amazing
so is the weather
Free your wings
Let's play together".

"What's worth the rejoice
with all the pain?
Life is in thunders,
I don't play in the rain"

"Why are you afraid to embrace the nature?
The world is in your eyes
You're the creator
You've forgotten the gentle touch of the raindrops
The passionate, alluring warmth of the sunrays
the aroma of these beautiful Jasmines and Roses
The swing you played awaits you
but you no longer care"

"Pardon me ! little boy
Didn't get what you say"

"Come with me,
Just follow my footsteps
Don't ask where and don't you ask why
Discover your true-self
Just come by"

Through the dark valley, his footprints, I followed
Thousands of bizarre thoughts just poured
Withered, the leaves of the last autumn
Cluelessly, was gazing the entire horizon
Sheer blackness ; gothic silence
befuddling feelings, all intense

And then in the dreary midnight
The forbidden land as we crossed through,
rushed in, a queer feeling
“God,is it a deja vu?”
So strange yet it feels so close
Do I miss a sign that it shows?
Haunting nostalgia all along the way
Obscure, the fear; Instincts that betray

Nowhere to go, but to keep heading further
The light will guide me It is my charioteer
Closer I get, farther it goes,
have I not enough of all of these woes?

"Stop! little boy quit playing with me
past the black clouds, barely I can see"
No response, not a word he answered
Just a dead silence to leave me all dazzled

No one except for the shimmering light
with no source at all in the cursed night.
Just a vagabond with a heart that's hollow
Abandoned with a gleam only to follow.
Trudging with a hope of seeking  the unknown
crossed, a hundred miles in the whorled lockdown

And then,the blackness began fading off
Trust in the light did only pay off
When all of the gloom slowly disappeared
the haze of my heart and the sky got cleared
The ray got brighter, turned into scintillation
Wiped off the spells of all my delusion

Then,a note on a leaf, I found as I moved on,
was from the boy who had left me in seclusion.
"How does it feel to be back from the oblivion?
To come back to life from an illusion?
Traveling through  the time, did  you find the real 'you'?
The abandoned land, did it feel like a deja vu?

Drowned in what's gone, It's why you wander
Miles of this journey all for your purgation
There's a little seagull who wants to fly
who wants the wind to caress it's soul
But, you cut  the wings then, does it not fall?

The gloom the light,
The rain ,the sunrise
 Everything within you
It's all in your eyes.
So close yet, put into disguise,
You're me and I'm you
A carefree child".

No comments:

Post a Comment